Wednesday, September 23, 2009

This Is The Day


Isn't it so much easier to rejoice when things are going great? When your little world seems so perfect and the sun in shining? I remember driving down the road just days before Noah died, thinking about how great life was. I was so.........happy. I was pregnant with our second child and I couldn't wait for him to arrive! I thought about how Ethan is such good son! And he's so smart! I have the most wonderful husband a girl could ever hope for....really....you have no idea how lucky I am! I have 2 wonderful parents who have been married for 35 years and still love each other so much they would die for one another. We have so much love that surrounds us through our family and friends. We are so blessed. Thank you, Jesus! Rejoicing came so freely.


And then Noah died.


I have to CHOOSE to rejoice. I have to CHOOSE to be joyful. It's so hard.


My husband wrote this post on his blog today and I just had to share it with you...


This is the Day that God has made.....it's a choice to rejoice in it. Maybe it's the day that God calls you into his service. Maybe it's the day that you meet your future wife or husband. Maybe it's the day that your child is born. Maybe it's the day that your child passes away. Maybe it's automatically joyful or maybe we have to make a choice. The Bible says "This is the day that the Lord has made, Let us rejoice and be glad in it." This verse is a beautiful example of why the Bible is so amazing. This verse is so simple, but takes on a whole different meaning with each life experience. I love that about God's word.


You can visit David's blog at http://worshipleaderledges.blogspot.com/



2 comments:

  1. Oh, Lisa, I am sobbing. . . . See, today is the day that marks my living life as long without my Daddy as I lived with him. I've dreaded this day for months now. For some reason it's just haunted me. And it's here. And I've really been okay. A little edgy but not a basket case like I expected to be. But this post, your hubby's post really, hit me right in the heart. I must choose to rejoice! Thank you so much for this. You're living a beautiful testimony for Christ!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I've been trying to comment for days on your blog! I wanted to let you know how much I love that you are real and honest here. Keep it up. Process this devastation - I can't even imagine. Huge hugs to you and your husband and your sweet Ethan.

    Thank you for commenting on my blog. Several days ago, I posted to you just so you could know I wasn't ignoring you and you were on my mind, but not sure if you saw my post or not.

    ReplyDelete