Thursday, March 3, 2011

Countdown...15 days

The Collinsworth family is counting down to Ella's arrival!!! Every morning Ethan tells me, "Mommy, baby Ella will be here in _____ days". March 18th. It's so close. Ethan is so completely excited he can hardly contain himself. It makes me even more hopeful and excited. Just two weeks from tomorrow (or you never know...maybe sooner?) Ella Jane will be here!

I have a lot of mixed emotions (obviously) about her arrival. I have not been back to that maternity ward at the hospital since we had to hand Noah over to someone and just walk away. I can't imagine all the emotions we will experience the day of her arrival, but I can tell you that right now, I mostly feel joy. I'm praying away all the doubt, fear and anxiety that is trying to creep in.

I am having a LOT of Braxton Hicks contractions every day, but my doctor checked me on Tuesday and I'm only dilated about 1cm. Ella has been getting a 10 out of 10 every week at my high risk appointments which is such a relief. Her heart rate is sometimes a little low (105-115), but then the next week it will be high (140-180). She has really good accelerations, so they aren't worried. They are keeping a very close eye on her though.

It's so strange to think back on how this pregnancy started off and to see how healthy and whole she is today. If you don't remember, you can read about the beginning HERE. Those first 10 weeks were so scary and we didn't know if this little one was going to survive. It fills my heart with joy every time the doctor says, "she's so healthy!"

As we make our final preparations for Ella's arrival, we are spending a lot of time with Ethan during his last days as an only child. We are remembering Noah and thanking God that through Noah's life and death, he has made a way for his sister to live. While I grow very tired of taking these injections every day, I'm so thankful for modern medicine that is preventing blood clots from forming and harming Ella.

Baby girl, we cannot wait for you to be in our arms. Do you know how much we love you already? Do you know how excited your big brother is to see you and play with you? Do you know that you have a big brother in Heaven? Do you know that you are already Daddy's little girl? We are already praying that you will come to know Jesus at an early age and that you will become a woman after God's own heart. We love you, sweet girl. 15 more days...

4 comments:

  1. What a precious time! Praying for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even begin to imagine all you are feeling! I'm praying as you prepare to meet this precious little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you that she is almost here! It is just right around the corner! Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!! You are doing great, Lisa! These last few days aren't much fun, but God is so faithful to us and soon Ella will be in your arms!

    Praying,
    ebe

    ReplyDelete