After a lot of discussion with my doctors and most importantly, my hubby, we have decided that we will have a scheduled c-section on Friday, March 18th (when I'm 37 weeks, 5 days). I was still hoping for a VBAC, but there is a huge part of me that is terrified of that. If I went into labor on my own, there is the risk that I would not be off the blood thinners long enough (need to be off of them for 24 hours) to keep from bleeding out. And of course after already having 2 c-sections, there is the risk of uterine rupture. Ultimately I only care about one thing: GETTING ELLA HERE ALIVE AND HEALTHY. That's it. Nothing else really matters. There are risks no matter which way we go, but we have made the decision that we feel most comfortable with.
So she will be here in 3 weeks and 4 days. I am so extremely impatient for her to be here. Not just because I'm uncomfortable (and yes, I am), but because I just want to see her with my own eyes and know that she is ok. I'm ready for Ethan to show off his skills at being a big brother. :o) He asks me just about every day, "how many more days until Ella is here, Mommy?" In the beginning he would ask me if Ella was going to go to Heaven like Noah, but I think he has so much faith now that she will be coming home to grow up with him.
We are enjoying our last few weeks together with just Ethan. For 4 and 1/2 years now it's just been us. Bringing Ella home will be a big change for all of us...but a very exciting and welcome change!