Monday, January 10, 2011

Ella's Room and Snow Day

It took a while because I had to take a lot of breaks, but I finished painting Ella's room! Yes....I did the painting. I was VERY careful. David just didn't have time to really help me and honestly, when I get something in my head that I want done...I just do it.

I'm not done putting up her things on the walls, but here is what it looks like so far.


I'll post more pics as it gets closer to completion.

Last night it started snowing and it snowed all night long. Some of you northerners may laugh at us, but when it snows here, everything shuts down. We don't get snow very often in Georgia, so when we do, the roads are very dangerous (no salt trucks around here). So it's great to work for the school system!!! I had today off and we are off again tomorrow because the roads are covered in ice. We live on a huge hill so everyone likes to come to our house for sledding/tubing.
Our friends Dewayne and Brandi were at our house for the weekend and got snowed in with us. We had a great time!

















We had a great time together as a family today and I can't wait for another great day together tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you were not sliding down that hill! but looks like fun- all we got was icy rain. I love the room! so pretty! and the wall art. you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very jealous of all the snow you got! We only got icy rain and sleet as well...no fun! And Ella's room looks beautiful...you are never going to believe it, but I have the same PBK bedding for Isabel (in twin size bedding)!! I LOVE it! We just finished painting our nursery too, but I'm still trying to piece all the different parts of the nursery together.

    ReplyDelete