Wednesday, October 6, 2010

14 Weeks

10 Week Belly Pic

14 Week Belly Pic
Feels great to be coming out of the 1st Trimester. Our first milestone. I'm feeling baby move daily now. Not really kicks, just feels like baby is rolling around. We went to the high risk doc on Thursday and had an ultrasound. The tech couldn't confirm, but we are about 75% sure it is a girl. We saw 3 little white lines and no little boy parts were anywhere to be found....but we won't know for sure until my next appointment on the 26th. If we confirm that it is a girl at that time, I'll let you know the name we have chosen. We are so excited to have another child and it really is a blessing no matter if it is a boy or a girl.

I feel so different this pregnancy. Even though this is the third time I've made it this far, in some ways I feel like it's the first time I've been pregnant. I am so much more aware of every little thing. I think I just didn't really soak in every moment with my pregnancy with Noah and now I wish I had. So I'm not taking anything for granted. I told myself after I lost Noah that I would never complain of a pregnancy symptom again. That's a lot easier to say when you aren't pregnant! The nausea has been torcher. I think I am pretty well past the worst of that now. The injections aren't so bad most of the time, but sometimes they hurt really bad. Last night was a bad one and I had a bit of a break down. Sometimes I just get mad that I have to take them, but also mad that Noah could have been saved by them. Anyway, it's really not as bad as I thought it would be...taking an injection every night. It's more of an aggravation than anything.

Every day I am realizing how very blessed we are. It was a terrible tragedy we went through last year and we still grieve, but I know we should never take for granted the fact that we were able to get pregnant again as soon as we tried and that this baby is doing so well. And Ethan is such a miracle. We realize that now more than ever. I hurt so much for others who have never been able to conceive or who haven't conceived again since losing a child. My heart is broken for my brother and sister-in-law and all that they are going through. They are so gracious about it all. How very hard I know it is for them to have watched both of their sisters be pregnant while they plead with God every night to give them a child. I don't know or understand God's plan for them, but I have so much hope. I know they will make wonderful parents. They love their nephews so much. They loved Noah like their own. I can't even fathom the hurt they have experienced over the last several months and the realization that they cannot have a child without medical intervention or through adoption. They both have so much faith though and know that God hasn't forgotten them.

Ethan is at my mom's house for the week while he is on Fall Break. I miss him SO MUCH already!!! I know he is having a great time and will make some great memories...but I'm selfish and want him here with me all the time! :o)

I'm praying for so many of you who are pregnant with your rainbow babies or who have just recently had your rainbow babies. I know that when we have this baby we will be overcome with emotions we have never experienced before. That day can't come soon enough! And if you read Angela's blog you will notice that she and I are due the same day! April 3rd! :o) How fun!

2 comments:

  1. Lisa, I'll be praying for you and baby! I love you guys and will always be thinking of yall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, this is wonderful news!!! And a girl... yay! I'm so happy for you.
    The stress, the pain of the shots, the sleepless nights of worry- they will all fade away after you have her in your arms. I didn't believe it was possible, but it is.
    I'm praying for you and your precious girl!

    love,
    ebe

    ReplyDelete